跳到主要內容

Shadowing " On being wrong "



So it's 1995, I'm in college, and a friend and I go on a road trip from Providence, Rhode Island to Portland, Oregon. And you know, we're young and unemployed, so we do the whole thing on back roads through state parks and national forests -- basically the longest route we can possibly take. And somewhere in the middle of South Dakota, I turn to my friend and I ask her a question that's been bothering me for 2,000 miles."What's up with the Chinese character I keep seeing by the side of the road?" My friend looks at me totally blankly. There's actually a gentleman in the front row who's doing a perfect imitation of her look. And I'm like, "You know, all the signs we keep seeingwith the Chinese character on them." She just stares at me for a few moments, and then she cracks up,because she figures out what I'm talking about. And what I'm talking about is this. Right, the famous Chinese character for picnic area.

https://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_on_being_wrong/transcript?language=en&subtitle=en

00:06~01:33

https://voca.ro/1k2cIDQHuSwG

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

#6 Steve Jobs’ 2005 Standford Commencement Address

  This is one of the most inspirational speeches I've ever witnessed. I'm at a point in my life when I know exactly what I want to do and what I want- logically, emotionally, financially- I know what must be done. I'm young. I don't know my reason, my dreams, my future yet. But, this speech gave me wisdom, courage and hope. Thank you, Steve. My mind blossomed and now I am determined enough to do something productive and taking a few starting steps for becoming better version of myself. With Apple, you touched many lives when you were alive and you continue to do so long after you're gone. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life",

Listen to the podcast (AEE1692) and give two more examples of “I’m good.”

  Listen to the podcast (AEE1692) and give two more examples of “I’m good.” 1. Make an appointment with your friend:  Friend: Hey Onnee , would do you think we have dinner at Ximending ? Onnee: Yep, I’m good! 2. In a restaurant  Waiter: Would you like to add some water  ?  Me : Thanks, I’m good!